How to Design Your Bedroom for Better Sleep?
Sleep is something we all want more of, and while there aren’t any more hours in a day there are many ways to improve the quality of the sleep we are getting. Diet and exercise are keys to all aspects of our wellbeing of course, but a restful sleep is also essential to keep you healthy and active. There are many factors that could affect your sleep. One of the most important factors is your sleeping environment. Your bedroom environment plays a crucial role in giving you a good sleep and ultimately your health and happiness.
The right design and right décor of your bedroom are very important for quality sleep. Here, are some useful tips to design your bedroom for better sleep. Being the best bedroom interior designers in Gurgaon, we will give you better guidance. Your bedroom should be a peaceful and relaxing sanctuary that promotes tranquility and optimum rest so you wake up refreshed and ready to take on the day.
1. Air circulation, quality, and temperature affect your sleep
Your bedroom should be cool rather than too warm as lower temperatures indicate your body it’s time to sleep. Leave the window open a crack to let the fresh air in and air circulation or have a ceiling fan on low. The fan will also create low-level white noise which is conducive to sleep and it’s much better for you than air conditioning. Plants are an effective and trending way to improve the quality of air in your bedroom, or you could also consider an air filter or air purifier.
2. Limit light: The darker the bedroom the better will be your sleep
Melatonin is the hormone that induces sleep. Exposure to light affects the melatonin production. That is the reason why darkness is an important factor in getting to sleep and staying asleep. The right lighting will help you to sleep deeply and restfully. Dim and warm lights send the signals to your brain to produce more melatonin. There are a few tips to follow to keep your room dark.
· Eliminate the clocks with lit displays and LEDs on electronics.
· Warm lights should be fitted to keep the room dark. Dimmer lights can also be a good option.
· Have good curtains and blinds to block out any outside light. Your bedroom should be dark at night, but equally important is that it’s light and bright during the day.
3. Relaxing colors will give you a better sleep
This is a proven fact that painting your room in cool tones gives you a relaxed feeling and calms you to deep sleep. It is true that bright and vibrant colors will enliven your room but if you have trouble sleeping, it is better to avoid them. Designing your bedroom for a better night’s sleep is all about calming your nervous system.
4. Too much clutter can cause anxiety and lack of sleep
Many of us find it hard to switch off at night and go to sleep. Having clutter in your bedroom is not going to help and can cause sleep deprivation. It is better to keep your space clean and clear of piles of clothes, books and things that don’t belong in the bedroom like a TV, computers, and others.
5. Quieter the room the better will be your sleep
Noise is one of the main culprits that hinder your sleep. So, keep the noisy machines away from your bedroom.
· You can hang heavy curtains from ceiling to block sound from outside.
· If the walls are thin, consider adding bookshelves to block sound.
· You can install soothing sound (sound of falling rain and melodious music etc.) producing machines.
6. A good mattress is a key to good night’s sleep
If your mattress is too lumpy, hard, or soft, it will resist your comfort sleep and keep you up all night trying to get comfortable. There are many different types of mattresses, such as pillow, foam, innerspring, waterbeds, adjustable, etc. and each type has manufacturers who guarantee comfort and better sleep. But the four main things that should drive your mattress choice are the comfort, support, minimal partner disturbance, and quality. A better mattress will conform to the shape of your body to offer comfort and support, and weight distribution, consequently resulting in the previously elusive good night’s sleep.
One or more of these design tips will definitely help you to maintain a sanctuary of sleep and rest in your bedroom. To know more about bedroom designing, you can visit Designerhomez. Have a good night’s sleep to stay physically and mentally healthy.